Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Entertainment: Theatre: "Marion Bridge" by Daniel MacIvor

Calgary certainly has a lot of great theatre. We saw "Marion Bridge" in the Martha Cohen Theatre.

The story of the black sheep's return home as the mother is dying. It causes all of the family's stuffed painful issues to surface, and part way through the first act, I was ready to leave. The last thing I wanted to do was watch three sisters fighting. I think the woman sitting in front of me was having the same thoughts, her husband kept rubbing her shoulder as if in guesture of understanding her similar situation.

But it soon got better. In fact, it was hilarious. It's too late for you to see it, now, but I think there is a movie by the same name. Though not likely as good as the play - rent it, should be interesting.

Calgary Sun :: Event Guide

Categories: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home