Friday, December 17, 2004

Dining: Samosa Grill

Our recent "Chrstmas Dinner" with Single Volunteers at the Samosa Grill was excellent. There was about 40 of us in attendance, and our arrangement of the buffet for the evening was a treat to other walk-in patrons. I had never eaten at Samosa before, but it had been recommended several times, and we had spoken with them about having the Single Volunteers do a buffet there previously.

Some of the folks who joined us had been at Samosa before and came out because they knew the food was wonderful (they also came for the great company of the Single Volunteers group!) Of those who who were eating there for the first time, they enjoyed themselves and said they would definately be back.

There were Christmas cards and Ferrero Rocher's for everyone from Single Volunteers. About half of those attending went to a movie afterwards (Ocean's Twelve) at Sunridge Spectrum Theatres.

1 Comments:

Blogger Hanifa said...

I just moved to Calgary about a month ago. I like East Indian cuisine so I started by trying the restaurants down town with my husband.

They were not impressive and nothing really stood out to me. They were exactly what you would expect from a common restaurant. On recommendation from my co-worker I tried SAMOSA GRILL at 3393 26th Avenue N.E. At first from the outside you do not know what you were going to get, but as you climb the stairs from the bottom to the dinning area, you find yourself surrounded by a lot of beautiful African and Indian art, as well as countless plants. This gives off a very homey feeling. No matter what ethnicity you are, they make you feel right at home. You find the traditional Indian dishes as well as some interesting African dishes. The butter chicken and chilly chicken were exquisite, along with the best naan I ever had. My husband and I were in heaven.

We had definitely hit the jackpot. My husband and I recommend Samosa Grill to all who want an authentic taste of Indian and African cuisine.

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home